Good afternoon Pirates,
I wanted to take a minute to update everyone on the current situation of Pirate Athletics. If I miss anything, or your have any questions, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my best to answer your questions. The Athletic Department will be working over the school closure, but we will be off for spring break from March 26 to April 6. If you have anything in an athletic locker that you need over break, please email the Athletic Director directly.
We will continue to post updates on this platform as more information comes in.
- All school facilities are closed to all students. There are no students allowed in the building, locker room, stadium, etc. until April 6th at the earliest. This date could change.
- All practices, scrimmages, open gyms, off season workouts, games, etc. are cancelled until April 6th at the earliest. This date could change.
- Athletic schedules will change in this process. We do not currently know what the schedules will look like, but everything up to April 6th is cancelled. Games will be rescheduled with priority given to MVL games.
- Eligibility for the remainder of the school year will still be finalized by Friday, March 20th.
- Coaches will not be able to organize practices or work outs off campus.
- All of these decision are made to protect our students, parents, and community.
- The wrestling tournament has been postponed. We do not have a make up date at this moment.
- The winter sports banquet has been cancelled. All awards will be distributed through individual team ceremonies. The dates of these program-specific ceremonies will be decided at a later date.
- All OHSAA rules still apply, even though you are not allowed on campus.
- You must still be enrolled and pass 5 credit hours.
- You are not permitted to play with a club team while you are in season.
- As mentioned above, campus is completely shut down to all students.
- Everything is canceled until April 6th at the earliest. This date could change.
- Student-athletes are able to contact their coaches, but can not meet them for work outs off site.
- We will update schedules as we get more information.
Please remember that this is a situation that has never occurred before, and it will require flexibility from all parties involved. The primary concern is the safety of all parties. As information comes in, we will relay it as quickly as possible. There are a lot of unanswered questions at this time, and hopefully we will have answers soon. Please do your best to keep this all in perspective, as this current situation is much more important than sports.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. I’m looking forward to continuing the positive momentum that we have built this year.
GO PIRATES!!! #PiratePride