Pay To Participate
In an effort to reduce the cost of the general fund for operating extracurricular activities, the West Carrollton Board of Education implemented a pay to participate policy that began in the 2000-2001 school year. The following procedures are to be followed as they relate to pay to participate.
- The head coach will provide an official roster to the Athletic Department following the first official practice or the day after final cuts.
- Fees may be paid at any time, but are to be paid no later than the due date for each season set by the Athletic Director, generally 2 weeks after the beginning of each season. Within this time span, student athletes must submit payment or make arrangements with the Athletic Department to remain eligible to participate.
- Fees may be paid in the Athletic Office or online using the PayForIt.net system. Coaches may not collect fees. Coaches must help this process to be more efficient by reminding their players, and periodically checking with the Athletic Office as to who has not paid.
- No refunds will be made after the first official contest in each sport. Student athletes that quit the team, or are dismissed from the team, or become academically ineligible will not be issued refunds.
- The fee for High School sports is $45.00/season and the fee for Middle School sports is $25/season with a family cap of $200.00.
- The Athletic Department will forward all payments and documentation to the Treasurer of West Carrollton Schools.
- Parents and student athletes are to be advised the payment of the fee does not guarantee playing time.
- All unpaid participation fees will be submitted as outstanding school fees.